There really is only one Mr Brittas! With other good characters such as Colin, Helen, Laura, Julie, Tim & Gavin it was an excellent show which ran for a 7 series which had a total of 52 episodes.
The quality of the online videos isn’t very good, but if you are a fan or know someone who is you can buy the show on DVD, individual series are available as well as a complete box set which is quite good value for money.
As mentioned at the top of the page you can buy all 7 series on DVD. Or if you want to try and catch repeats you can see them on G.O.L.D (channel 17 on freeview and Sky channel 110).
Below are a short few funny lines by some of the characters.
- “Since I have been manager, I am proud to say there have only been twenty-three deaths. And not one of them was a staff member.” Gordon
- “Normally I have to spend New Year’s Eve with Gordon’s family. It’s rather nice being with people I like.” Helen
- “Semper, Omnibus, Facultas”! Don’t you understand what that means? Gordon
- “Mr Brittas, you’ve got to help!! My balls are on fire!” Colin
- “I have a dream…” Gordon (says it regularly)
Here is a list of the main characters, and there real names after.
- Gordon Brittas – Chris Barrie
- Helen Brittas – Pippa Haywood
- Colin Weatherby – Michael Burns
- Laura Lancing – Julia St. John
- Carol – Harriet Thorpe
- Tim – Russell Porter
- Gavin – Tim Marriott
- Julie – Judy Flynn
- Linda – Jill Greenacre
Image at top of article is from a screenshot during the video.