The current team captains for Series 4 are Robert Webb and Seann Walsh, and it is now hosted by Sean Lock who has replaced John Sergeant. You can see Argumental on ‘Dave’, which is Sky Channel 111, Virgin 128 and also on Freeview 19.
Here is a collection of funny lines from past episodes. Further down the page there is also a funny clip to watch.
- Dara O’Briain: A minute ago I disproved Darwin, and I was ready to rest at that stage, but no, they dragged me back down again to pick on this weird dwarf [Tom Cruise] and tell you how great he is!
- Jimmy Carr: When I’m with 2 women it’s difficult enough to get a word in edgeways, let alone my cock.
- Sean Hughes: We know what happens to old people. Before they die, they shrink.
- Phill Jupitus: Ecstasy is a terrible terrible thing. Ecstasy, more like ‘agony’!
- Rufus Hound: [on Christianity] But wouldn’t you be happier John, you’ve got the option of either facing up to the fact you’ve got a beating heart in their and your own nous to make the world a better place, or you can put it on the invisible man. Well if you do that, you’re a twat.
- Marcus Brigstocke: Ladies and gentleman, god will not forgive Richard Dawkins. He has already made that clear by giving him the voice of an elderly lady.
- Stephen Mangan: Of course a dog is just for christmas, they’re awful, they’re horrible creatures, call me weird but I don’t want to spend every morning picking up shit in a plastic bag. Not after my last relationship.
Here is one of the funniest arguments on the show, featuring Mr Jimmy Carr in full flow. This is from Series 3, episode 2. Top comedy!
Want to know more about the show? It started in October 2008, and has done so well it is now into it’s fourth season. Lots of top comedians have made guest appearances including; Frankie Boyle, Hugh Dennis, Jack Whitehall, Ed Byrne, Phill Jupitus, Chris Addison, Sean Hughes amongst others. To watch Argumental you can catch it on ‘Dave’, which is Sky Channel 111, Virgin 128 and Freeview channel 19. Well worth getting into.